Recipe: Beet Potato Salad
This recipe is a delicious salad featuring OlyKraut's Eastern European sauerkraut.
3 medium beets
3 medium potatoes
1 bunch scallions
1 cup Eastern European OlyKraut
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup (Vegan) Mayonnaise, Yogurt, or Sour Cream (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel the beets and potatoes (it is not necessary to peel potatoes if you would rather not) and chop them into bite sized pieces
2. Boil the beets and potatoes until tender (the potatoes will be ready first, so put the beets in first if you want them to be done to the same amount, but the beets are also good a little bit harder than the potatoes).
3. Chop the scallions and grate the carrots into a large bowl.
4. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and Vegan Mayonnaise if you are using it in a small bowl.
5. Drain the potatoes and beets and cool under cold water for a few minute until they are room temperature.
6. Mix all the ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste. Keep in mind when using sauerkraut in your food, that you may not need to add any extra salt, so taste it first!